Applications are being accepted for the position listed below. Interested parties should send a resume’, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com or mail to Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber, Attn: CEO, 11975 Seaway Road, Suite B-120, Gulfport, MS 39503. Full time position with comprehensive benefit package.
Job Summary Serve as the front line person at the Chamber working directly with members and the public. Provide superior customer service to Chamber members and the public. Provide administrative support to Chief Executive Officer, Directors and staff members of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc..
Deadline to apply: Monday, February 26, 2024
Job Emphasis Provide day-to-day administrative support and customer service to ensure successful implementation of the programs of work of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
Evaluation Annual performance evaluation is administered by Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Operations Manager and Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide support to all division boards, committees, task forces, and issue groups throughout the organization and as instructed. Transcribe meeting minutes and file for the Coast Chamber. Prepare and distribute board packages in advance of Coast Chamber meetings.
- Serve as a center point of contact on staff movements in and out of organization and maintain office calendar as needed.
- Manage and book calendars and meeting space, internally and externally.
- Manage all common space including meeting room, reception area and kitchen, so it is free of clutter and presents a professional image for the Chamber.
- Receive, sort, and record daily mail and other deliveries.
- Manage RSVP’s, ensure database accuracy, create event signage and communications and be prepared to produce reports upon request.
- Oversee set-up and breakdown of all Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc. events and meetings held at the Knight Nonprofit Center, enlisting team support when needed.
Chamber Member and Customer Services
- Provide administrative support to Chief Executive Officer and Chamber team as directed.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer with monthly board, issue group, committee and task force reports as directed.
- Lead day-to-day office activities included but not limited to filing, organizing, database entry, invoicing, answering phones/inquiries, registration for programs of work throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc. and general work within membership management software.
- Proactively pursue projects and assist Chamber team as needed.
- Create monthly Upcoming Events report.
- Conduct and document a monthly inventory of office supplies in office and in storage.
- Answer phone and greet general public, clients, visitors, and members in a pleasant, professional manner and be a resource. Troubleshoot all inquiries, acting as an ambassador to the Chamber and the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Supply information regarding the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc. membership and programs of work to the general public, clients, visitors, and members.
- Serve as the information source and resource to members regarding benefits, opportunities, discounts, etc. Answer questions and provide assistance to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Manage membership database; ensure accurate emails are maintained in membership software.
- Solicit and update membership information, brochures and business cards to keep lobby information current.
- Create and send professional correspondence including letters, emails, flyers and other documents.
- Present a professional image in representing the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chambers of Commerce, Inc. in the office and in the community.
- Recruit and assist in retention of members of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc., Military One Coast and Coast Young Professionals.
- Assist in selling sponsorships and promotions.
- Schedule and coordinate ribbon cuttings and coordinate with Marketing Director to post to Social Media accounts.
- Ensure meetings are planned, organized and communicated to members by sending meeting reminders and making reminder phone calls.
- Schedule and maintain internal and external meeting room calendars.
- Record and register RSVP’s for events and meetings in membership software and send out invoices when applicable. Provide updates upon request.
- Lead and assist in set-up and cleanup for meetings and events, which may include coordinating catering, drinks and coffee when applicable.
- Create event collateral to include but not limited to name tags, directional signage, table tents and sign in or registration sheets.
Education, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Assist Finance Director as requested.
- Open mail and distribute to proper personnel.
- Enter all payments received in daily spreadsheet and post payments in membership software.
- Email or mail (as directed) monthly invoices to all memberships with appropriate letters and brochures. Also, email past dues and final invoices as directed.
- Assist in event accounting including reconciliation of registration log sheet and entering all payments, invoicing members that did not register and email receipts and email all outstanding invoices.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 – 3 years of administrative or customer service experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Superior customer service skills and proven experience working with large customer base.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, planning and organizational skills, the ability to work with a small team.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to troubleshoot.
- Must be able to work after and before office hours as needed and directed by the Board or CEO.
- Must be able to travel independently to many Chamber functions. Must have a valid driver’s license and liability insurance on the automobile that will insure against any loss or damage to life or property that may be caused by an automobile accident.