Secretary/Receptionist (Central Services)
Applications are being accepted for a Secretary/Receptionist located at the Pass Christian School District Central Services office.
Qualifications include the following:
1. Associate Degree or equivalent hours
2. Two years of post-secondary training and five years’ job experience as a
secretary; or graduation from a recognized school of secretarial skills
Superintendent and/or Designee
Support the Superintendent of Schools, the Board of Education and other district
administrators for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and
responsibilities, ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
1. Provide assistance and support to the district administrator, administrative team and school board to assure the effective and efficient operation of the district.
2. Accept responsibility for the processing, filing, and maintenance of confidential and non-confidential correspondence of district administrators and ensure absolute confidentiality of information, files and records.
3. Maintain a positive attitude and style that contributes to the overall public relations of the district. Active and consistent efforts will be made to maintain or improve the external and internal image of the district and its schools.
4. Respond to calls, concern and/or complaints for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
5. Provide assistance to visitors and callers to the district offices, receive and assists employees, parents and community members with complaints and requests for information, referring calls to other staff members when appropriate.
6. Prepare, maintain, and distribute correspondence, fax messages, memoranda, and reports, including privileged and highly sensitive material, for review by the district administrators. Timely and effective communications regarding incidents and/or situations which might impact the district or its schools will be provided to appropriate district office and/or school personnel.
7. Welcomes visitors and arranges for their comfort.
See full responsibilities at www.pc.k12.ms.us.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate the “at will” employment status.
Salary, workday, and work year to be determined by the Board of Trustees.