Mortgage Loan Processor
Renaissance Community Loan Fund's Mortgage Loan Processor is a full-time, salary-based position that reports to the Program Director of the organization. The Mortgage Loan Processor assists Renaissance borrowers that are applying for a residential mortgage loan in all aspects of the loan process to include processing, underwriting and closing of the loan.
- Process mortgage loan applications; input new loan data and update existing data as necessary into the loan software system and investor automated underwriting systems.
- Review and analyze credit documentation, compile information and update as needed, request additional information as required, organize files, collect funds as necessary and submit information to ensure timely processing of application.
- Obtain the appropriate documentation from the loan applicants and organize a follow up on items unaccounted for but required.
- Monitor status of loans in pipeline daily; communicate with originators, borrowers, investors, real estate agents and closing agents as necessary and required.
- Monitor and order documents such as credit report, verifications (deposit, employment, rent or mortgage), appraisals, final inspections, title work, flood certificates, assist with insurance policies and ensure coverage prior to closing.
- Review underwriter conditions and work with borrowers to clear conditions for closing approval.
- Assist loan originators and other staff as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of Calyx, Fannie Mae, FHA guidelines and investor requirements.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of Renaissance's loan products and in-house underwriting guidelines.
- Stay informed with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, USDA and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Perform other tasks requested as they relate to the daily operations and programs of Renaissance.
Abilities and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of mortgage processing is required.
- Proficient experience using Calyx Point System is required.
- Ability to manage difficult situations between interested parties in the mortgage transaction.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Extensive knowledge of processing, underwriting and closing requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of conventional and government lending requirements.
- Extension knowledge of federal and state regulations, SAFE Act compliance guidelines and where applicable governing real estate lending.
- Ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skill with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Availability to adjust work hours as needed.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates may be subject to background, reference and/or credit checks. Renaissance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.