Seeking one (1) Art Instructor to provide services at Specialized Treatment Facility located in Gulfport, MS for up to 4-6 hours a week not to exceed 30 hours per month at the rate of $150 per week for a contract term period of one (1) year. Art Instructor services to include but are not limited to:
· This position involves the co-facilitation of experiential/recreational assisted groups for all individuals served.
· The position will develop and implement recreational activity plans that are age appropriate, consistent with the level of growth and development and functioning of the individuals served.
· Conduct art sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help residents recover from or cope with cognitive and emotional behaviors, to help reduce anxiety, improve mood and facilitate positive transformation.
· Customize art programs for specific Individuals and populations.
· Apply a variety of mediums including, but not limited to drawing, acrylic painting, watercolor, collage, sculpture, pottery, all aiming to foster wellbeing, practice hands on mindfulness skills, and implement creative expression.
· Interpret the artistic creations of Individuals to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
· Provide art groups for individuals in accordance with program procedures.
· Provide an appropriate session format with clear objectives.
· Keep Director of Recreation apprised of the individual’s special needs and potential issues.
To apply for this position, complete a State of MS Application, Applicant Background/Work Reference Packet and submit a college/university transcript. All required documentation must be provided at the time of application and returned to Specialized Treatment Facility, 14426 James Bond Road, Gulfport, MS 39503 no later than 4:00 pm, Monday, June 5, 2023. Must have at least one (1) year experience providing art instruction with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Art. Must be 21 and able to pass background checks and drug screen