Bilingual (Spanish) Patient Service Representative (PSR)
Bilingual (SPANISH) Patient Service Representative (PSR)
What You’ll Receive:
- $12.00 an hour
- Schedule: Open availability, currently hiring DAY SHIFT
- Paid every week
- Benefit options available day 1
- Upward mobility, this client LOVES to promote from within
The role of the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is to function as a multi-skilled, technical person responsible for customer service, electronic patient registration/data processing, patient scheduling, revenue control and to serve as support personnel to the clinical staff members. The PSR will work within the scope of his/her job description using the demonstrated competencies consistent with the role. This is skilled work in the field of healthcare office practice with language appropriate communication.
- Core Competencies:
- Basic computer knowledge as well as medical office standards and practices.
- Ability to work and professionally communicate with patients, providers, coworkers, visitors etc.
- Ability to accurately record and input data in an EHR system and other overlay systems.
- Competent in both oral and written English.
- Skills to organize and use time and resources effectively.
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions.
- Ability to provide effective customer service/communication skills within the work environment.
- Ability to function independently and within a group.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions timely and accurately.
- Ability to keep patient and staff information confidential.
- Ability to multitask throughout the day and work under pressure.
- Ability to navigate insurance needs of patients.
- Ability to count/balance/manage money for services rendered and perform cash drawer tending responsibilities.
- Ability to travel to other sites, if needed without notice.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to give language appropriate oral instructions.
- Must possess the ability to communicate (language appropriate) clearly and precisely and have excellent telephone courtesy and etiquette
- One-year experience of medical experience preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Required to complete (by end of orientation) and maintain BCLS certification
- Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Will need to utilize and apply medical terminology
- Reliable transportation is necessary
Apply at NEXTAFF.COM*** send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org *** call or text 228-447-4820