Ideal candidates will have a background in or related area and a track record of consistent academic and professional accomplishments. This candidate is comfortable giving and receiving feedback, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and can see how the details fit into the bigger picture. We are looking for individuals who can join the team immediately in a fast-paced, challenging environment and commit to long-term recovery effort assignments.
The Marketing Specialist Role is responsible for project managing all marketing activities for Landmark Consulting, LLC across all marketing platforms. This person will be responsible for executing the existing Landmark Consulting Marketing Strategy, ensuring all marketing projects are completed on time and within budget. This role will require communication with internal staff members, clients (including government agencies), vendors and the media; therefore, professionalism and timely follow-up are key requirements. Elements of the marketing strategy include, but are not limited to, press releases, social media, traded-show marketing and updating all marketing collateral. Our Marketing Specialist will assist the Principal and team with providing marketing and business development support daily.
• Prepare and submit RFP submissions and execute potential client presentations
• Maintain and update RFP and presentation templates.
• Manage initiatives in the Strategic Plan, Marketing & Business Development Campaigns, promotional projects, and coordinate a team of marketing consultants
Research and pursue federal, state, and local business opportunities
• Provide feedback and regular communication to our marketing team and provide status updates to Principal.
• Monitors and maintains specific business and marketing KPIs
• Responsible for maintaining, managing and optimizing our CRM in Deltek Vantagepoint
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This job description does not list all the duties of this position. The Marketing Specialist team member may be asked by the Principal to perform other duties, as needed. The Marketing Specialist team member will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Skills and Competencies:
- Business Development Competency in Federal, State, and Local Professional Services Contracting, utilizing federal, state, and local, procurement portals.
- Quantitative skills - ability to operate CRM software to provide status reports and presentations
- Research skills – ability to utilize data obtained to develop concise summaries targeted at decision points and identify data needed to further marketing goals.
- Presentation skills - ability to present findings clearly via reports and oral presentations to leadership and other key personnel.
- Collaboration and Self-Direction – ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, and independently in a fast-paced, and changing environment. Ability to work independently and problem solve with minimal supervision and anticipate problems before they arise.
- Computer skills - possess advanced Excel spreadsheet skills along with other data management systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate verbally and written; ability to converse and collaborate with all levels of employees
- Ability to stay calm and poised under pressure and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
- Organizational skills - Must be organized, flexible, and able to prioritize in a multi-demand environment. This person should be more organized than anyone else on the team so that they can identify areas where processes and operations can improve. Ability to work under tight schedules/deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills – Must exercise excellent interpersonal skills - position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Confidentiality - Must be able to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Marketing, or related field, and 3+ years of experience in Sales, Public Affairs, Journalism, Business Development
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be a U.S citizen
- FEMA training is a plus
- PMP is a plus
- Travel may be required