Resource Development Specialist – Habitat for Humanity of the MS Gulf Coast
Position: Resource Development Specialist – Habitat for Humanity of the MS Gulf CoastResponsibilities:
Send cover letter, resume, and list of three business and three personal references with contact information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2214 – 34th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501. Resumes will be accepted through the close of business day on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019.
Description: Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast is seeking a fundraising professional to cultivate and steward donor relationships on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The position is primarily responsible for building a rapport and maintaining communication with current individual donors; soliciting gifts on behalf of Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast; and managing a portfolio of donors and prospective donors. Under the supervision of the Director of Resource Development, the Resource Development Specialist will work with members of the Resource Development Department to develop fundraising goals and strategies. The position will assist with the execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Identify potential donors and work with prospects to move them through the donor solicitation cycle from identification through stewardship.
- Maintain communication with those in donor portfolio including providing project updates and donor recognition.
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of Board of Directors and staff as necessary.
- Collaborate with Resource Development team to determine annual fundraising goals.
- Analyze individual donor potential based on constituent's giving history, RFM (recency, frequency and monetary) and LAI (linkage, ability and interest).
- Leverage donor relationships for involvement in Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast’s fundraising events.
- Utilize the donor management system to record gifts and interactions and provide reports as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of annual appeal.
- With guidance from the Director of Resource Development, create appropriate marketing materials and collateral to support donor relations and solicitations.
- Provide support to Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution preferably in Marketing, Public Relations or other related field; and/or a minimum of 5 years proven track record in fundraising. Other related or relevant experiences (i.e. sales, marketing) may be considered to satisfy minimum.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Proficiency in use of CRM databases (Salesforce) a plus.
- Self-motivated individual with an eagerness to work with a high performing team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, keen attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours (evenings and weekends) as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to meetings, events and various functions as required.
- Standing, traversing, extended periods of sitting and willingness to travel.
- Commitment to affordable housing and Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast’s mission, vision and values.
Pay: Compensation is dependent on experience.