ReStore Assistant Manager – Habitat for Humanity MGC – Gulfport, MS
Job Description: ReStore Assistant Manager – Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast – Gulfport, MS
Please email resume with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed quickly, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Primary Role: The ReStore Assistant Manager is responsible for building upon and sustaining a customer-centric sales culture and adding a strategic voice to the Leadership Team at our Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Highway 49 in Gulfport, MS. The Assistant Manager will be required to make consistently excellent pricing decisions, impose order on a high-volume and ever-changing receiving and processing area, and set the right tone for other ReStore Associates and volunteers.
- Primarily responsible for people, products, and activities that are out of public view, including:
- Organize, clean, assemble, test, and occasionally repair ReStore items, ensuring that everything hits the sales floor ready to be purchased.
- Research and determine prices of donated and purchased inventory.
- Process items at a speed that always keeps space available to receive daily expected shipments as well as unexpected donations that we love.
- Maintain a small, distinct section of SOLD merchandise accessible and ready to load out.
- Coordinate constant material movement in and out of processing area, including:
- Assist truck drivers in unloading daily donations from ReStore box trucks.
- Assist drop-off donors by maintaining safe practices and direction in having their items unloaded, showing gratitude for their contribution, and providing a donation receipt.
- Assist customers by loading large, purchased items safely into their vehicles, while maintaining safe practices.
- Support the Sales team by bringing items that are priced and presentable out onto the sales floor, communicating with the ReStore Manager about placement and display.
- Delegate to other Processing staff and volunteers to accomplish the above tasks.
- Provide training, direction, supervision, and feedback for all ReStore staff and volunteers working in the processing area and donation drop-off zone.
- Ensure that all areas of the processing room, loading dock, donation drop-off zone, and dumpster pad are clean, safe, and organized.
- Ensure customer issues or conflicts are professionally resolved and reported promptly.
- Politely and diplomatically decline certain types of donations that are not suitable for resale.
- Lead with a “DIY” or “Upcycle” mentality, embracing Habitat for Humanity’s effort to reduce waste and repurpose items in ways that create value for customers.
Facility and Administration:
- As a keyholder, open or close the ReStore facility as appropriate, and support the ReStore Manager by making deposits for the bank and change for cash drawers as needed
- Ensure compliance with all inventory tracking and donation reporting practices.
- Support ReStore Manager by adjusting pricing strategy for changing market conditions and helping determine daily/weekly discount opportunities that dovetail with operational needs.
- Research and test growth strategies – such as diversified recycling or new in-kind partnerships – that dovetail with the ReStore donation model of saying “yes” as often as possible.
- Report issues or conflicts promptly, and seek fair and professional resolutions, reflecting Habitat for Humanity values even in confrontational and challenging situations.
- Contribute to ReStore strategy conversations with ReStore Manager and Logistics Manager.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Dedication to and ability to articulate the mission and core values of Habitat for Humanity.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple work activities.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude and external messaging skills.
- Spatial awareness and quick recognition of potential safety hazards.
- Computer knowledgeable including Microsoft Office and POS software.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic; able to work in an environment with rapidly changing conditions and unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities, and backgrounds.
- Physical ability to perform heavy tasks, including lifting 50+ pounds repeatedly, using carts and dollies, often getting sweaty or dirty, and standing/walking for long periods of time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2+ years’ experience in a sales/retail/home improvement environment or with online marketing.
- Knowledge of building materials.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading, and developing people and teams.
Employment Status: Full Time salaried position at 40 hours + per week, including some Saturdays.
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience, plus a benefits package including medical insurance and 401k options.COVID-19 precautions
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place