Volunteer Services Specialist – Habitat for Humanity of the MS Gulf Coast
Resumes accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2214 – 34th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501. Cover letter along with three business references with contact information should be included. The deadline to apply is February 18, 2020, but the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
Primary Role: Under the supervision of the Director of Resource Development, the Volunteer Services Specialist is responsible for the leading and managing of Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast’s (HFHMGC) volunteer program by building rapport and maintaining communication with prospective and current volunteers; coordinating with various HFHMGC departments to meet their volunteer needs; and ensuring the volunteer experience is meaningful and worthy of further engagement. The Volunteer Services Specialist will work with members of the Resource Development Department to support organization’s initiatives.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all of organization’s volunteer opportunities; including, responding to all inquiries in a timely matter and attending volunteer services outreach opportunities.
- Coordinate with HFHMGC departments to understand upcoming volunteer needs and recruit volunteers to meet those needs.
- Organize logistics of volunteer scheduling, including Resource Development programs, such as Women Build and Hang out with Habitat.
- When appropriate, organize logistics of volunteer housing.
- Engage with volunteers through site visits and hosting volunteer groups at orientations.
- Learn Salesforce volunteer platform and seek to provide maximum efficiency to scheduling system, data intake process and data management.
- Report on volunteer hours worked at each volunteer job and work with partner agencies to meet their reporting needs.
- With guidance from the Director of Resource Development, create appropriate marketing materials and collateral to support volunteer program.
- Provide support to Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Work in full partnership with other Resource Development Staff and execute all key department functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; and/or a minimum of 5 years proven track record in fundraising. Other related or relevant experiences (i.e. volunteer management, nonprofit experience) may be considered to satisfy minimum.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Proficiency in use of CRM databases (Salesforce) a plus.
- Familiarity with graphic design software (Adobe Suite, Canva) a plus.
- Self-motivated individual with an eagerness to work with a high performing team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, keen attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours (evenings and weekends) as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to meetings, events and various functions as required.
- Standing, traversing, extended periods of sitting and willingness to travel.
- Commitment to affordable housing and HFHMGC’s mission, vision and values.
Salary: Competitive pay and benefits package. Compensation is dependent on experience.