Training & Development Manager
Provides Goodwill Industries of South MS with learning needed to support team members’ professional and personal development plans, and effects organizational performance improvement through the development of a learning organization and training programs.
Responsible for the development, coordination, and facilitation of training and development functions for Goodwill Industries of South Mississippi including the establishment of curricula, the sourcing of training media, training presentation and the leadership of those conducting training, and the development of a blended, experiential approach to learning.
- Serves as a point of contact for our business partners regarding learning, development, and training.
- Ensures that all training has a consistent message and branding.
- Develops comprehensive training programs for operational functional areas to include instructor guides, participant materials, job aids, testing, and evaluations.
- Ensures the design and delivery of training includes consideration for varied learning styles and makes accommodation for inclusion for learners with a disability.
- Works collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) within the company to identify training needs and trends, complete needs analysis; develop and validate training content, methods and materials and ensure effective transfer of learning.
- Designs and develops curriculum in a timely and relevant manner, with value proposition for each training program, meeting performance improvement objectives, ensuring return of investment, and interactive session.
- Designs learning solutions which includes a blended approach to learning such as classroom training, e-learning, coaching, and experiential learning.
- Designs and develops instructor-led and e-learning curriculum for new classes and/or continually improves designs of existing classes with accompanying job aids, working with SME’s for operations, safety, loss prevention, and mission-based curricula.
- Overseers the systems administration of L&D software.
- Presents educational programs in large and small groups as well as one-on-one settings.
- Oversees and/or coordinates the development and maintenance of training plans and schedules with hiring and training demands to ensure timely delivery of training.
- Reviews and supports learning systems to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Leads and manages vendor contracts, data reports, and systems utilized.
- Develops preliminary and final recurring training calendars.
- Remains current with operational changes and developments within the company and oversee updates or improvements with curriculum.
- Provides educational counseling for team members about available training/educational resources in the organization.
- Design and present training for the classroom, web, and online delivery.
- Design and develop curriculum for multiple platforms.
- Provides on-going follow-up for team members as needed who have attended training.
- Consults with other Goodwill team members about educational issues related to training services.
- Culture Keeper. Demonstrates and leads positive organizational culture development
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge base by reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies, and attending seminars, webinars, conferences, workshops, etc., which are related to training.
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader.
- Current training and development trends, applications, use of technology and delivery methods including e-learning
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and project management skills; including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and large groups
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, developing and delivering training in a variety of methodologies
- Successful track record of working with customers on the design and development of learning and training related material.
- Demonstrate a positive, friendly attitude, demeanor, and appearance appropriate for a professional business setting; including the ability to maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- MS Office, SharePoint, and online authoring software.
- Collect, evaluate, and analyze data relating to training programs and job performance.
- Associates degree with a Minimum of four years in the Human Resource field with a background in Training and Development
- Superior leadership, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of organizational behavior and dynamics
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources business systems, technology, procedures
- Ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines under changing conditions and circumstances
- Ability to plan strategically